- Product Features
The PTO Link™ Safety Plunger Pin (SLIC Pin™ - Self Locking Implanted Cotter Pin), is a Quick-Release Pin designed to fully align the two mating plates of the PTO Link™ System. The pin further secures the plates (much like a deadbolt lock), to withstand most high torque scenarios or instances of reverse torque on the PTO shaft. The Safety Plunger Pin, should be inserted from tractor side toward the implement side, and is required when using the PTO Link™ system.
TO INSTALL: After the two plates are coupled, locate the aligned 1⁄2′′ hole/openings through both plates of the fully locked PTO Link™ system, positioned across from the shear/locking pin. Insert the pin through both plates, starting from the tractor side, towards the implement side. The wedge of the plunger pin (now emerging from the implement side plate) will release its internal spring and secure the plates together.
TO UNINSTALL: Depress the wedge tip and push the end of the pin toward the tractor. Then, pull the head of the emerging pin, from the tractor side, until it is fully removed from the coupled plates.
NOTE: When the PTO Link™ system is not in use, affix the Safety Bolt through the 1⁄2′′ opening on the tractor plate or implement plate for convenient storage.
- Stand-alone, one-piece locking clevis pin - for quick and easy removal
- Grade 8 pin provides enhanced safety, protection and durability to your PTO Link™ system
- Spring-loaded insertion wedge, retracts when inserted, then springs back up when through the joined plates. The vertical face at the rear of the plunger prevents backing out and locks the pin into place!
- NOTE: A Plunger Pin (or NEW Safety Bolt) is included with every Tractor (Female) Plate purchase. We RECOMMEND keeping SPARE pins, since it’s a stand-alone pin and can be misplaced while not in use.
- Plunger Pin (1.25” L x 0.625” W)
- Plunger Pin Weight: 1.1 oz